- In a medium bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed about 2 minutes or until smooth. Add sugar, beating until creamy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Stir in melted chocolate. Stir in flour. Fold in dried cherries and almonds. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls about 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are set. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- Drizzle Chocolate-Almond Glaze over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate and butter. Heat and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Almond-Chocolate-Cherry Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 100 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 20 mg chol.,
- 23 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet