All-American Barbecued Chicken
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, stir together lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pour over chicken; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place chicken, bone sides down, on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breast halves, 180 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks), brushing with half of the Balsamic BBQ Sauce during the last 15 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place chicken pieces on grill rack over burner that is off. Grill as above.)
- To serve, pass the remaining Balsamic Barbecue Sauce with the chicken.
Balsamic BBQ Sauce
- In a medium saucepan combine beer, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, honey, cumin, Asian chile sauce (if desired), chili powder, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until mixture reaches desired consistency, stirring frequently. (Cover and chill any leftovers for up to 1 week. Before serving, warm sauce in saucepan.)
Nutrition Facts (All-American Barbecued Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 630 kcal cal.,
- 37 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 16 g monounsatured fat),
- 173 mg chol.,
- 900 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 44 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
mdjayman 96 Days Ago
This recipe for grilled chicken is awesome and sauce was amazing. Can't get enough of the sauce. Definitely something I want to share with friends. All 2 of them.
PatriciaB 1196 Days Ago
Does anyone edit these recipes before they are published? I assume not because the ingredients for the dressing do not match the ingredients in the instructions. The wrong instructions must have been added in error. I also saw in the video for making homemade ranch dressing that not all of the ingredients are listed so the recipe cannot be made. It's a shame that there is no semblance of control here.