Acorn Squash with Rustic Raisin Sauce
- Lightly coat a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cut squash into four wedges, discarding stem, seeds, and strings. Sprinkle cut sides of squash with salt. Set aside. In the prepared slow cooker combine onion, raisins, the water, and apple-pie spice. Place squash wedges, cut sides down, on top of onion mixture, making sure that an edge of each squash wedge touches the onion mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Place the squash wedges, cut sides up, on serving plates. Stir margarine, honey, and vanilla into onion mixture in slow cooker. Spoon onion mixture over squash wedges. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
Nutrition Facts (Acorn Squash with Rustic Raisin Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 169 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 149 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Rochelle Lefebvre 967 Days Ago
I have a 7 quart slow cooker. Would this still work or could I try to cook it on the stove? If I cooked it on the stove, how long it would have to be cooked for? Or in the oven maybe?