Share your take on this idea!
Upload your photo here.
Upload your photo here.
4-Layer Nougat Bars
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of the pan. Lightly grease the foil; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine chocolate pieces and 1 cup of the butterscotch pieces. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted and combined. Transfer half of the mixture to a small saucepan; set aside.
- For the base, stir rice cereal into chocolate mixture in medium saucepan. Immediately pour the chocolate-cereal mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the back of a spoon or a thin offset spatula, spread mixture evenly in pan; press down to firmly pack mixture. Place pan in the freezer while preparing nougat layer.
- For the nougat, in a medium saucepan combine sugar, butter, and 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 cup butterscotch pieces; stir until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in the marshmallow creme and 1/4 cup of the peanut butter. Stir in the 1 3/4 cups chopped peanuts. Pour nougat over chilled base layer in the baking pan. Spread evenly to edges. Return pan to freezer while preparing caramel layer.
- For caramel layer, in a large microwave-safe bowl combine caramels and the remaining evaporated milk (about 2 tablespoons). Microwave on 100 percent power (high) about 2 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour caramel layer evenly over nougat layer in pan, spreading to edges. Return pan to freezer while preparing last layer.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter to the reserved chocolate-butterscotch mixture in the small saucepan. Heat and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth. Pour chocolate-butterscotch mixture over caramel layer. Spread evenly to edges.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped peanuts. Cover and chill bars for 2 hours. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars. Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (4-Layer Nougat Bars)
- Per serving:
- 162 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 3 mg chol.,
- 66 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet