SHARE MY - FAQs
Think of an album as your very own photo book online! You can organize your photos by grouping them into different albums. Then you can share your albums with your friends and other users!
You can add up to 6 images for each album but there is no maximum number of albums per user. Feel free to upload and share as many of your personal albums as you wish!
The application accepts .jpeg or .bmp image formats. Our image size system limit is a max of 3 MB. If you are having trouble uploading your photo, try uploading a smaller version.
- To upload an album, click on the "Upload Photo" button from any of the ShareMy headers.
- Select a subject and category from the drop down. This is where other visitors can find your album. Note: It may take up to 24 hours before your photos are viewable.
- Give your a Album Name Ex: If I have a bunch of photos from my daughter's Birthday party, I might name the album "Stella's 2nd Birthday Party." The character limit for the album name is 40 (including spaces)
- Now you can start adding your images. Click the Upload Photo button. This will bring up a pop-up for you to find the image you want to upload.
- Click Browse and locate the image you want to upload.
- Select the image - the file path will appear in the text box.
- Click the upload button
- You can resize and reposition the thumbnail for your image. Click the "grow" button if you wish to zoom in. Click and hold the image and re-position as desired. If you would like to zoom out to the original size' click "shrink". *Note that the changes made will not be applied to the image detail - just the way the image appears in the thumbnail.
- Select the "Save Thumbnail" button when you have your image looking the way you want it to.
- Now enter a name and description for your photo. *You cannot leave these fields blank. You cannot exceed 40 characters for the name and 1000 characters for the description, this includes spaces.
- You may select or enter any tag you want for your image. Tags are useful for other users when they are searching images. If you designate "pink" as a tag, anytime a user searches for "pink" in that channel, your image will display. *There are tag suggestions. Click on "Suggestions?" and the suggested tags will pop up. You may select more than one tag.
- If this is the only photo you want in this album, click "Submit Album." There may be a little waiting time while your album uploads.
- If you want to add more photos, click the "Add More Photos" link and follow steps 7-12. *Remember, you can upload 6 images per album.
The tags become search words that other users can use to search for photos under specific tags. For example: if you designate "pink" as a tag, anytime a user searches for "pink" from the "Search" your image will display. Tag suggestions are typical words associated with specific categories. You may select your tags from the list of our suggestions or enter your own or do both! You can enter as many tags as you want as long as you don't exceed the 200 character limit including spaces.
ShareMy is a tool that allows you to share and show-off YOUR photos! By registering, each of your albums is tied to your user name. Other users can enter your album, click your user name and view your other albums! And just as you want others to rate and comment on your albums, you should feel free to do the same for others! You must be registered to comment on other users' albums.
You can delete photos from two places. If you haven't yet submitted your album and are still adding photos on "Upload Photos" page, select the image you want to remove. A "remove" icon appears at the bottom of the image. Click the remove icon and the "Add a Photo" thumbnail will re-appear. You can also delete photos and albums by clicking the "View My Photos" icon in any of the ShareMy headers or in the left navigation. Click Delete under the album you want to delete. Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete that album. If you want to edit your photos or albums, click on the "View My Photos" icon in any of the ShareMy headers or in the left navigation. Click Edit link under the album you want to edit. You will enter your album. You can remove images in your album and add new pictures if you choose. You must click "Submit Album" for your changes to take place.
There are a couple of ways to share your albums: First, once you have submitted your album, you will be taken to the "Success" page! Here you can enter the names and email addresses of your friends along with a personalized message! They will receive the email pointing them to your new album! Once you send your message to the first four friends, you can send more emails and share your album with as many friends as you want! The second way to Share your albums is to enter the image detail page. When you are viewing one of the images in your album you will notice a "Share This" link. By clicking on that link, a pop-up will display where you can enter a friend's name, email address, and a personalized message so they will receive the email and be directed to your album to rate and recommend your great albums!
Our categories update regularly so you should be able to view your albums from the category page. It could take up to 24 hours for your albums to appear on the homepage or channel page. You will also be able to view and edit your album from the "Success - tell my friends" page immediately and you can view and edit your album by clicking on the "View My Photos" button in the Share My header. If you email your album to your friends, they will also be able to view and vote for your album instantly!
"Most recent" are the most recent albums uploaded. Top rated is based on the 5-star rating system. Users can give photos 1-5 stars. These star ratings are used to feature the Top rated photos. Most recommended is based off of user recommendations. Other users can recommend photos but clicking on the Recommend link with each image.
There are multiple ways to return to the ShareMy main page. You can get back to the ShareMy main page by clicking on any of the ShareMy header images. You can also click the "Main" link in the left navigation. From the upload page, you can return to the main page by clicking on the "Main" link in the breadcrumb.
Photo contests are contests that you can participate in by uploading your albums! To participate, click the "Upload photo" button at the top or the link in the left column. Select the photo contest category that you want to enter. Click the box to acknowledge that you are entering your album into the contest. Be sure to click on the link to the rules to view the rules for the contest. Follow the instructions on how to upload a photo and album in FAQ question # 4.
Search gives users the ability to search for photos based on the tags that you have chosen for your images. When you upload your images, you are prompted to enter tags. These tags become search words that other users can use to search for photos under specific tags. You can also search by user display name. If you click "Advanced Search" you will be given additional search options that include "Photo Name" and "Upload Dates".
All of the item detail pages have a "Report Offensive Image" link. Click on this link to report an image that is inappropriate. If there is an image that you feel needs to be removed immediately, please email ShareMy@Meredith.com
Feel free to email ShareMy@Meredith.com with any questions or comments.