34 College Mascot Names for Your Cat
Calling all sports fans! Are you looking to name your cat after your favorite college sports team? Try one of these college mascot names for a fitting title for your feline.
Upload your photo here.
Whether you love college sports or just love the hype that surrounds them (cue, tailgating parties), there are plenty of fun college mascot names that are perfect for your cat. Look to these ferocious felines for some fun inspiration when naming your next cat.
1. Aubie: Name your striped feline after this well-known tiger mascot.
School: Auburn University, Alabama
2. Baxter: If your cat is stronger than it looks, name it after this bearcat.
School: Binghamton University, New York
3. Blitz: Your lightning-fast cat deserves a name to match.
School: Willamette University, Oregon
4. Billy: A fitting name for any sleek black cat.
School: Eastern Illinois University, Illinois
5. Blue: For your wild-at-heart feline. Blue is a live bobcat that lives at a wildlife education center in Frankfort, Kentucky.
School: University of Kentucky, Kentucky
6. Butch T. Cougar: Your fierce feline would be happy with this strong name.
School: Washington State University, Washington
7. Clyde: Fitting for any clever cat.
School: College of Charleston, South Carolina
8. Cody: A tasteful name for your male kitten.
School: Columbus State University, Georgia
9. Cosmo: Name your cat after the universe ... or Brigham Young University's cougar mascot!
School: Brigham Young University, Utah
10. Iggy: This fun name would be suitable for a carefree kitten.
School: Loyola Marymount University, California
11. Jinx: If your cat seems to always be getting into trouble, this mischievous name is perfect.
School: Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Indiana
12. LaCumba: A great name for your exotic feline.
School: Southern University and A&M College, Louisiana
13. LeeRoy: Meaning "the king," this name works well for an in-charge cat.
School: Trinity University, Texas
14. Leo and Una: These names are the cat's meow for a pair of ferocious felines. The actual mascots, live African lions, reside on the UNA campus.
School: University of North Alabama, Alabama
15. Lucky: Bring some luck to your life with this cat name.
School: Texas A&M University—Commerce, Texas
16. Mike: Be like Mike! Your striped cat will appreciate being named after this strong mascot.
School: Louisiana State University, Louisiana
17. Miss Pawla and South Paw: Name your Southern felines after this mascot couple.
School: University of South Alabama, Alabama
Animal: jaguar and jaguaress
18. Pounce: A great name for a bouncy kitten.
School: Georgia State University, Georgia; Purdue University North Central, Indiana; University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Wisconsin
19. Prowler: If your cat is always on the hunt, choose this name to suit your feline.
School: High Point University, North Carolina
20. Rex: For any cat that is king of the jungle—or your home!
School: Queens University of Charlotte, North Carolina
21. Roar-ee or Roary: Does your cat howl (or roar) well into the night? Give it a name that supports its lifestyle.
School: Columbia University, New York; Florida International University, Florida
Animal: Lion, golden panther
22. Roc: A good name for a solid, sturdy cat.
School: University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23. Rowdy: A playful kitten would do well with a name like Rowdy.
School: Birmingham-Southern College, Alabama
24. Rufus: Root for Rufus when deciding your next cat name.
School: Ohio University, Ohio
25. Scratch: Hopefully your cat isn't a scratcher ... but this name is fun for any cat!
School: University of Kentucky, Kentucky
26. Shasta: Like a beautiful daisy, this name is suitable for a loving cat.
School: University of Houston, Texas
27. Storm: Brew up this name for your next cat.
School: Trine University, Indiana
28. TC and TK: This brother-sister pair is a fun name combo for your two felines. TC stands for "the cat," while TK stands for "the kitten."
School: University of Northern Iowa, Iowa
29. Toby: If your cat is as ferocious as a tiger, Toby is a fitting name.
School: East Texas Baptist University, Texas
30. Truman: If you're a history buff, name your cat after one of the U.S. presidents, Harry S. Truman. This mascot was awarded "best mascot in the nation" in 2004.
School: University of Missouri, Missouri
31. Tyler: Name your cat after this fighting feline.
School: DePauw University, Indiana
32. Wassee: A unique name for your one-of-a-kind feline.
School: Hiwassee College, Tennessee
33. Wilbur and Wilma: Wilbur isn't just a name for a pig! Try these fun names for your pair of cats.
School: University of Arizona, Arizona
34. Willie: This popular name works well for any kitten or cat.
Schools: California State University, Chico, California; Northwestern University, Illinois; Kansas State University, Kansas