From the bhg.com Recipe Center, we've pulled together four kid-friendly menus that can be served at any birthday bash:
For delicious food that ties into the party theme, try these suggestions:
- Pigs in a blanket: hot dogs baked in crescent dough
- Straw: French fries or canned potato sticks
- Brown cow: chocolate milk drinks
- Individual mud puddles: made with brownies cut into circles and topped with hot fudge "mud." If you want to go all out, you could add marzipan pigs, which you can find at specialty and gourmet stores.
- Have a "pig-out contest" with gelatin. Children must hold their hands behind their backs and eat cubes of gelatin piggy-style from "trough" bowls. This activity might require paper napkin bibs!
- Make a piggy cake using pink frosting, 1-1/2 Snowballs (round pink snack cakes). Arrange the snack cakes to form the pig's head and body, and add features like eyes and a squiggly tail with a tube of decorative icing.
Continued on page 3: Activities & Crafts