From the bhg.com Recipe Center, we've pulled together four kid-friendly menus that can be served at any birthday bash:
For delicious food that ties into the party theme, try these suggestions:
- Hot dogs (for ages 4 and up): If you have a campfire, let guests roast their own hot dogs on sticks. Be sure that the dogs are allowed to cool before they're eaten.
- S'mores: Place a few squares of a Hershey's chocolate bar on a graham cracker. Roast two marshmallows and place on top of the chocolate. Top with another graham cracker and let the chocolate melt a little bit before eating.
- Drinks: Any beverage is fun when served from canteens.
- Ants on a log: Stuff celery sticks with peanut butter and top with raisins.
- Mud: Serve chocolate pudding ("mud") sprinkled with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies ("dirt") and topped with gummy worms.
- Trail mix: Mix together food such as candy coated chocolates, peanuts, raisins or dried cranberries, and unsweetened cereal.
Continued on page 3: Crafts & Activities