From the bhg.com Recipe Center, we've pulled together four kid-friendly menus that can be served at any birthday bash:
For delicious food that ties into the party theme, try these suggestions:
- Sea water: Use blue food coloring to color pitchers of apple juice. Or buy blue-colored drink mix.
- Goldfish-shaped snack crackers
- Tide pool: Serve blue gelatin. If desired, put in gummy-fish of a contrasting color after the gelatin is cold and partially set (so the candy doesn't melt).
- Octopus ice cream balls: Use an ice-cream scoop to form large and small balls. Put one ball on top of the other. Use licorice strings to make legs. You can even make a face with icing or candy.
- Beginner's sushi: For adventurous older kids, try serving some no-raw-meat sushi from a local Japanese restaurant (order California rolls) or dried seaweed.
Continued on page 3: Crafts & Activities