Sports Fan Birthday Card
Cheer on your little athlete to have a great birthday with this card customized to his favorite sport. Swap out the baseball cap for a football or a soccer ball; coordinate the card's colors to his Little League squad or favorite pro team.
- Cut a sheet of colored cardstock, and fold it in half to make a card of desired size.
- Punch two circles of cardstock in slightly different sizes and layer them in the center of the card. Adhere a strip of white cardstock across the bottom of the card.
- Add wording using letter stickers, chipboard letters, stamps, or rub-on letters.
- Get our free patterns to cut pieces for the ball cap from colored cardstock. Embellish the cap with machine stitching. Assemble the cap and adhere it to the circles using adhesive foam.
- Tie embroidery floss around the card at the fold and secure a gold cardstock star in place. Add buttons or other embellishments as desired.
Editor's Tip: Save time and work with stickers, die cuts, or chipboard shapes in sports motifs. Beef up a sticker by mounting it on chipboard and cutting it out; embellish die cuts by drawing in fine details.