Get standout kitchen cabinets with metal inserts crafted from radiator screens.
Drill and 1/2-inch bit
1-inch wood strips
1. Remove the door panel by drilling a 1/2-inch hole in the center of the panel, inserting a jigsaw, and cutting an X from corner to corner.
2. Paint the cabinet door and let dry.
3. Glue 1-inch-wide wood strips, painted black, on the back of the door frame so 1/2 inch shows from the front.
4. Use tin snips to cut the radiator screen to fit the frame.
5. Bead wood glue on the black wood strips, then position the screen on top.