Keep stains from ruining your clothes by stocking these helpful, stain-removing products in your laundry area.
Upload your photo here.
Keep the following products on hand in the laundry area to combat tough stains. Follow the label instructions for use on fabric. Note that all products should be kept on upper shelves or in locked upper cabinets, out of the reach of children.
Never leave any of these product packages on the washing machine; drips could damage machine surfaces. Experiment with the cleaner on an inconspicuous part of the clothing item ahead of time to test for staining or damaging.
- Nonsudsing household ammonia
- Chlorine bleach and color-safe bleach
- Color remover such as Rit brand
- Commercial stain remover such as Whizz
- Mild hand dishwashing detergent for hand washing
- Dry-cleaning fluid or petroleum-based pretreatment solvent such as K2r Spot Lifter
- Paint remover
- Petroleum jelly
- Rust removers such as Yellow Out, Whink, and RoVer
- Prewash spot remover
- White vinegar