- Tape measure
- Mirror cut to size (see Step 1)
- Pop-in muntins (available at home improvement stores) to fit mirror
- Double-stick, cushioned tape
- Trimmer or crafts knife
- 6 mirror clips and screws
- A helper
1. Measure the door. On all sides, subtract an amount equal to about one-sixth the door's length or width. (For example, if your door is 24 inches wide, subtract 4 inches for the left side and 4 inches for the right side, and you have a width of 16 inches.) Have a mirror cut to the size of the smaller measurements. Or check at home improvement or housewares stores for a mirror within about an inch of the size you need.
2. Add muntins. You may need to trim the muntins with a miter or circular saw. Adhere the muntins to the mirror with double-stick cushioned tape cut into small pieces (see Photo 1) and evenly spaced along the back of the muntins.