Easy Cabinet Updates: Parisian Flair
Update your kitchen with this easy cabinet door makeover. All it takes is a few tools and an afternoon.
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Fill any nicks in the door with wood filler.
- Lightly sand each door to rough up the entire surface. For already-finished cabinetry, use a bonding primer to ensure new paint will stick.
- Apply a stain-blocking primer.
- Add a coat of light-colored paint.
- Add two coats of dark-colored paint.
- When the door is dry, lightly sand edges to expose light paint and wood.
- Using a scroll saw, cut the pattern pieces from a 1/8-inch-thick board.
- Lightly sand edges of the pieces, then apply a coat of light paint.
- When pieces are dry, brush on a mixture of one part dark paint to one part water. Let stand 10 seconds. Wipe with a clean rag to mute the color.
- When dry, apply pieces to the door with wood glue.