Deck Planters with Trellis
These rustic planters add charm to any deck or patio.
What You Need:Wooden tub planters with bamboo climbers.
- Two shades of yellow latex paint
- 16-ounce plastic measuring cup
- Two plastic mixing buckets
- Two wooden tub planters
- Disposable paintbrushes
- Potting soil
- Six 6-foot bamboo sticks
- Summer vines
- Four 3- to 4-foot bamboo sticks
- Hot-glue gun
- Glue sticks
1. Dilute paint with water in proportion of 1/3 paint to 2/3 water. Paint individual boards on the tub with alternating colors. Allow to dry.
2. Fill with potting soil. Evenly space three 6-foot bamboo sticks in each tub. Secure at the top with rope. Create horizontal elements by cutting smaller bamboo sticks and attaching with raffia and hot glue.