The codes shown here are in general use in the building industry but may vary slightly from architect to architect. Consult with your contractor if you don't understand a symbol on your blueprints.
- In the kitchen, appliance and door swings are noted on blueprints, which will help you visualize the flow of the space and anticipate any potentially awkward problems.
- A circled number with a triangle means there is additional information elsewhere in the set of plans, or it indicates a revision.
1. Casement window hinged left [A] and right [B]; elevation view
2. Awning window [A] and hopper window [B]; elevation view
3. Casement window; plan view
4. Awning window [A] and hopper window [B]; plan view
5. Double-hung or fixed window
6. Vent or louver
7. Horizontal sliding window
8. Sliding doors
9. Bifold doors
10. Pocket door