- Choose metal exterior doors. If this is not possible, choose a solid wood door instead of a composite one.
- Make sure door hinges are located inside so doors can't be removed from the outside.
- If your mail slot is in your door, make sure a hand can't reach through the slot to the doorknob or locks.
- For sliding glass doors, install a device that secures both the sliding and stationary panels of the door by pinning them together where the frames overlap.
- Change your locks when you move into a new or existing home. You never know who had access to the home or who may still have keys to it.
Continued on page 2: Windows