Step 1: Design
Map out your plans for your home.
- Decide if you want to use an architect, a designer-builder, or other professional to translate your remodeling vision.
Come up with a design that you love and that is within your budget.
- If you designed the space yourself, select a contractor with whom you have a solid working rapport.
- Finalize a budget and stick with it.
Step 5: Demolish
Knowing what to expect during
each remodeling stage helps
produce happy results.
- Your room or house gets the treatment from the wrecking crew.
- Plastic sheeting seals the demolition area from the rest of the house; check it frequently to make it as airtight as possible, or you will have dust and debris everywhere.