- Cut out a paper chain of hearts and let your invitations unfold to entice your guests. Copy centers generally carry an assortment of card stock -- or look in an art store.
- Children's valentines are sweet and cheerful and make adorable invitations. Look for children's valentines in stationery stores and drugstores.
- Welcome your guests with a heart-shape wreath. Gardening stores are good places to look for wreaths.
- Savory or sweet, bake it and serve it in heart-shape dishes. You can find heart-shape baking dishes at gourmet supply stores.
- Cookies and cakes look even sweeter on heart-shape doilies. Look for doilies in baking supply stores.
- Kindle many tiny flames with assorted heart-shape candles filling every nook and cranny. Look for heart-shape candles in gift shops.
- Set out platters of "X" and "O" cookies and watch guests gobble up those hugs and kisses. You can also play tic-tac-toe with these cookies; winner eats all! Make your own cookie stencils or look in baking supply stores for alphabet cookie cutters.
Continued on page 3: Mood Makers