shape of hearts.
Cut five hearts from construction paper. Glue them together on your invitation to make a caterpillar. Draw the legs and facial features and write all necessary information on the hearts.
Decorate your table with a lollipop centerpiece using a 4-inch Styrofoam ball, cut in half. Glue the flat edge of the ball to a 9-inch red poster board circle. Insert one lollipop for each guest into the ball. Fanfold tissue paper and secure between the lollipops with straight pins.
- Make red punch or pink lemonade.
- Serve heart-shaped sandwiches or cookies.
- Sprinkle red candy hearts over vanilla ice cream.
- Create a heart-shaped cake or ice-cream cake from a square and round cake pan.
- Necklaces made from pieces of red candy rolled in a piece of clear plastic wrap, tied with curling ribbon between each piece of candy, and a piece of ribbon connecting the two ends.
- Waffle cones filled with candy and wrapped in red cellophane, tied with red yarn.
- Fortune Valentines: Write special Valentine messages on paper hearts. Roll and insert inside Pepperidge Farm Pirouette cookies.
- Place a couple of balloons on the front door where the party is to be held.
- Balloons and streamers always look great at any party. Attach a thread or string to the ceiling or walls so that it hangs above the party table, then drape streamers over it.
- Always hang balloons in big bunches for a maximum effect. You can give one to each guest at the end of the party.