Here's a treat the whole
family will love.
- 2 1-inch-thick angel food cake slices
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries and/or raspberries
- 1 4-ounce container vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup whipped cream or thawed frozen whipped dessert topping
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
1. Place the cake slices on a cutting board. With adult help, use a serrated knife to cut the cake into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
2. If using strawberries, place them on the cutting board. With adult help, use a knife to remove the green stems. Slice the strawberries, cutting from top of each berry to the bottom. Set aside.
4. Using 2 parfait or sundae glasses, place one-fourth of the cake cubes in the bottom of each glass. Add one-fourth of the berries to each glass. Top with one-fourth of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers. Serve the parfaits immediately. Makes 2 parfaits.
Nutrition facts per parfait: 266 calories, 13 g total fat (7 g saturated fat),45 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.