Kids can whip up one of Cupid's tasty treats.
- 2 1-inch-thick angel food cake slices
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries and/or raspberries
- 1 4-ounce container vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup whipped cream or thawed frozen whipped dessert topping
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
1. Place the cake slices on a cutting board. With adult help, use a serrated knife to cut the cake into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
2. If using strawberries, place them on the cutting board. With adult help, use a knife to remove the green stems. Slice the strawberries, cutting from top of each berry to the bottom. Set aside.
3. Put the vanilla pudding and whipped cream or topping in a small mixing bowl. Use a rubber scraper to gently stir the whipped cream into the pudding. If you like, stir in red food coloring.
4. Using 2 parfait or sundae glasses, place one-fourth of the cake cubes in the bottom of each glass. Add one-fourth of the berries to each glass. Top with one-fourth of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers. Serve the parfaits immediately. Makes 2 parfaits.
Nutrition facts per parfait: 266 calories, 13 g total fat (7 g saturated fat),45 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.