continue reading below
- Download the heart pattern with the link below. Enlarge and trace; cut out. (One square on the pattern equals 1 inch.)
- Lay place mat heart patterns and coaster pattern on one piece of foam. Trace with a pencil. Cut shapes out using scissors. Repeat process for each place setting.
- Lay checkerboard stencil midway down the heart and trace one row of squares with a pencil. Repeat this for each heart.
- Begin painting bottom of heart with fuchsia in small sweeping strokes. Paint sweeping strokes of mulberry and cardinal red. Finish with small sweeping dabs of metallic gold.
- Paint the checkerboard metallic gold and mulberry.
- Paint the top of the heart in mulberry with swirling strokes of fuchsia and cardinal red. Outline each heart with a thin line of mulberry. Let paint dry.