Kids love pillows, and this soft and simple project is sure to be a hit.
1. Download the free patterns for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Trace the "frame" and heart patterns onto tracing paper and cut out. Cut one frame shape from neon lime felt, one heart from fuchsia felt, and two 12 x 12-inch pieces from green felt.
3. Center the frame on one green square. Pin in place and stitch with straight stitches around the outside and inside edges. Use three plies of floss for all stitches.
4. Pin the heart centered inside the open frame. Stitch with straight stitches.
5. Pin the completed pillow front to the remaining 12-inch square of felt. Stitch the front to the back with blanket stitches, using three plies of the embroidery floss. Leave a 10-inch opening on one side.
6. Through the opening, stuff the pillow with fiberfill. Continue with blanket stitches to sew the opening closed.