How to Make Tissue Paper Pom-Poms
- 8-12 sheets of tissue paper
- Wire cutter
- Stack 8-12 sheets of tissue paper; accordion-fold into 2-inch or 3-inch pleats.
- Round both ends of the tissue paper stack using scissors.
Editor's Tip: Depending on the thickness of the stack and the strength of your scissors, you may have to cut the stack in sections instead of all at once.
- Loop a long piece of wire around the middle of the tissue paper stack, twist to secure, then create a hanging loop using the excess wire (Figure 1).
- Fan out the tissue paper (Figure 2) by very gently pulling each sheet out to form a pom-pom (Figure 3).
- Attach a hanging string to the wire loop.
continue reading below
Figure 1 Figure 2 Figure 3