What You Need:Make this sweet heart for your sweetheart.
- Typing or tracing paper
- Floral oasis foam (available at crafts or discount stores, or flower shops)
- Tacky glue, if desired
- Pie tin
- About one dozen fresh miniature or small roses in desired color
- Sharp knife
- Fresh lemon leaves (available at flower shops)
2. Trace pattern onto typing or tracing paper. Place the pattern over the oasis and cut out the heart shape. (Note: If oasis is not big enough, two pieces may be glued together.) Put water in the pie tin and soak the oasis in water for about 1/2 hour. Cut off heads of roses and place into the oasis, filling in space as tightly as possible.
- For an everlasting version of this rose heart, use freeze-dried or silk roses.
- To add a message to this romantic gift, write it on a ribbon using a paint pen and attach the small banner across the top.