Make a Heart-Shape Candy Box
Champagne-infused truffles invite romance when cradled inside a big-hearted cookie cutter atop a dainty doily base.
Upload your photo here.
For the most impressive results, choose the best imported chocolate for these special-occasion truffles. Prefer not to pop the cork just yet? Substitute any flavored liqueur, or more whipping cream, for the champagne.
What You Need:
- Glue stick
- Heart-shape paper doily, slightly larger than the cookie cutter
- Bright red art paper
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Large, red, heart-shape cookie cutter
1. Carefully apply small dabs of glue to the back side of the doily. Press the doily onto the red paper, leaving at least 1 1/2 inch around edges.
2. Let glue dry. Using the doily shape as a guide, trim the red paper 1/4 inch beyond the doily using decorative-edge scissors.
3. Turn the paper with the doily side up. Place the cookie cutter in the center of the doily.
4. Tape the cookie cutter to the doily on the inside of the cutter. Line bottom of holder with waxed paper. Arrange truffles inside the cookie cutter.
Also try this... Add a Valentine's message on the edge of the cookie cutter. Use a gold or silver marking pen to write your sentiments.