- 3 upright tissues boxes, about 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches
- 4 cardboard ribbon spools or large plastic lids
- 4 small plastic lids
- 4 crafts sticks
- Small paper cup
- Colored paper
- Glitter glue
1. To make the train back, cut off one side of a tissue box, with the open side on top and the dispenser side pointing to the rear. (See photo.) For cab, pull apart flaps on one side of second box. Remove top two flaps. Glue remaining two flaps to inside of bottom box.
2. Place remaining box on its side. Line it up with the box that will be the train back. Glue in place, forming the train front.
3. Glue two large spools or lids to both sides of the train, just below the cab. Glue paper circles and hearts to spools.
4. On each side, glue two small lids in front of the spools.
5. Glue crafts sticks to each pair of back and front wheels.
6. Cut out a large paper heart and fold it in half. Unfold, turn upside down, and glue to front of train to create a grill.
7. For smokestack: Cover a paper cup with colored paper and glue it to the train. Cut out four hearts as shown. Cut a shallow slit in the rounded top halves and in the points. Slide hearts together to form "smoke."
8. Decorate the train with cut paper and glitter glue.
9. Ask an adult to cut a slit in cab top.