What You Need:
perfect machine to hold all of
your Valentine's Day cards.
- 2 upright tissue boxes
- Colored paper
- Foam-core scraps
- Brad fasteners
- Glitter glue
- Packing tape
1. To create card holder, you'll stack two upright tissue boxes. For the base box, cut the bottom off the box; cut the top apart, creating two flaps of cardboard. For the top box, cut the bottom off. The tissue dispenser opening is at the top.
2. Stack the boxes on top of each other. Reach inside the boxes and tape the flaps to the inside of the top box. Also tape nonflap sides.
3. Cut gears, circles, spirals, and hearts out of colored paper and foam core.
4. Adult: Poke holes in the center of the shapes with a sharp pencil.
5. Stick the brad fasteners through the holes and into the box. Open the fasteners.
6. Cut a square of foam core larger than the box's bottom. Glue box to square.