- Crocheted heart doily or piece of lace that can be cut into a heart shape
- Heavy white card stock
- Decoupage medium
- Pastel pink pearl acrylic paint
- White ribbon
- Pink ribbon rose
- Thick white crafts glue
1. Download the free heart pattern if using a lace piece. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut a piece of heavy white card stock double the size of the heart doily or pattern. Cut it larger than the heart shape and double the height. Fold the paper in half.
3. If using a lace piece, trace the heart pattern and cut lace using the pattern.
4. Position the crocheted or lace heart onto folded paper, lining up top edges along the top fold.
5. Paint decoupage medium over the crocheted or lace heart, soaking through onto card stock and adhering the heart to the card. Allow to dry.
6. When decoupage medium is dry, paint with pink paint. Let the paint dry.
7. With the card folded, cut away the paper around the outer edge of heart. Cut through both layers of card stock, leaving tabs at the fold line to hold the card front and back together.
8. Make a bow from white ribbon and glue to front of heart. Glue a small ribbon rose in the center of the bow.
9. Add your personal message to the inside of the card.
- Make a heart on a single layer of paper, mount on a background paper, and frame for an everlasting Valentine.
- Personalize the heart by sewing a charm initial in the center.
- Look for antique crocheted hearts at flea markets and thrift shops.