What you Need:
- 1-inch wood ball with drilled hole
- 10-inch-long dowel to fit into the ball
- Thick white crafts glue
- Acrylic paints in golden brown, peach, brown, and gold
- Small flat or round paintbrush
- Small stencil brush
- Very fine liner brush
- Clear sealer
- 10-inch-long piece of 2-inch-wide gold wired ribbon
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Satin flower
- 1/8-inch-wide ribbon
1. Insert the dowel into the wood ball, glue it into place and let dry.
2. Paint the wood ball with the desired flesh color and let dry.
3. Paint a round gold cap on the head. Let dry. To paint cheeks, use the stencil brush and very little peach paint.
4. Using a fine liner brush, paint the eyes brown. For each eye, paint a half-moon shape with eyelashes.
5. Paint a small brown oval for the mouth. Let dry. Paint wood head with sealer.
6. Run a line of glue along the edge of the dowel. Pull one end out from a skein of yarn and fasten tightly below the head.
7. Wind yarn around the entire dowel, keeping the wraps smooth and even. Continue winding around the dowel to make the body shape wide at the top and narrow at the bottom.
8. To make wings, fold the ends of the gold wired ribbon in toward the center, overlapping at least 1 inch in the middle.
9. With thread, wind and tie very tightly around the center of ribbon to hold it together and make a bow shape.
10. Hot-glue it to the back of the angle right below the head. Apply hot glue to the flower and place it on the front of the angle right elow the chin.
11. Make a small ribbon loop and hot-glue it to the back for hanging.