What You Need:
few of your favorite recipes to the
- Tracing paper, ruler, and scissors
- 8x15-inch piece of corrugated paper
- Crafts knife and hole punch
- 4-1/4x6-1/4-inch rectangle of red card stock
- Thick white crafts glue
- Two 5-inch lengths of raffia
- Two 2-inch pieces of cinnamon sticks
- 16 inches of raffia
1. Download the free diagram for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software)
2. Following the diagram, draw a pattern on tracing paper. Cut out and trace onto the wrong side of the corrugated paper. Cut out the shape.
3. Lightly score the paper along the dashed lines by lightly drawing a crafts knife across the right side of the paper, using a ruler as a guide. Indent the paper to make a sharp fold, but don't cut all the way through. Fold the paper along the scored lines.
4. Glue the red card stock onto the bottom of the box. Glue one 6-1/2-inch flap to the sides to create a pocket for the recipe cards.
5. Using the hole punch, make holes where indicated by Xs on the pattern. Place a cinnamon stick in the center of a 5-inch piece of raffia and wrap the raffia around the stick twice. Center the stick between the holes on the right side of one flap and slip the raffia ends through the holes to the inside. Knot the raffia ends and clip the excess. Repeat for the remaining flap. After you fill the box with recipe cards, close the flaps, and wrap the 16-inch length of raffia figure-eight style around both cinnamon sticks.