Create an elegant heart decoration that will add love to any room.
Upload your photo here.
What You Need:Add aged buttons to your heart as accents.
- 2-12 inch squares each of cardboard, fleece or cotton, batting, and woven fabric.
- 8 inch lengths of lave in assorted widths (enough to cover entire front of heart)
- 1/2 yard of 3 inch-wide crocheted lace edging
- 15 inches of 5/8 inch-wide braid
- Vintage buttons
- Glue gun and low-temperature hot melt adhesive
- Masking tape
2. Trace the pattern onto tracing paper; cut out. Cut 2 each from cardboard and fleece. Trace 2 hearts on fabric. Add a 1 inch seam allowance around the edges. To one heart (front), baste the laces vertically, covering the seam allowance line. Sew laces side by side and cover with narrow laces. Attach buttons on top of lace. Cut out heart front and back.
3. Lightly glue a fleece heart to each cardboard heart. Cover each fleece heart with fabric; carefully clip fabric to seam allowance. Tape seam allowance to the cardboard back.
4. Place heart back fabric side down. Pin the center of the crocheted lace edging to the tip of the heart. Pin the edging around each side, slightly gathering edging while pinning. Glue the edging in place, removing the pins. Glue the ends of the sheer ribbon to the area marked Ribbon Hanger on the pattern.
5. Glue the heart front to the heart back. Glue braid around the outer edge.