Trimmed with colorful wires and stickers, these fun plant pokes brighten any windowsill.
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Transfer the large flowerpot pattern (with rim) to the 1/2-inch pine and the rim only to the 1/8-inch pine. Cut out the shapes and sand the edges.
3. Glue the 1/8-inch rim piece on top of the 1/2-inch flowerpot shape. Let the glue dry.
4. Drill a hole in the center of the plant poke bottom. If you wish to add wire to the rim area, drill holes through the rim using the patterns as guides.
5. Paint the wood shapes with the desired color of paint. Let the paint dry. Apply a second coat if needed. Let it dry. Sand the edges of the painted wood for a worn appearance. lace wire through the drilled holes in the rim.
6. Apply a sticker to the plant poke front. Apply a coat of varnish, if desired. Let the varnish dry.
7. Firmly push the armature wire into the bottom hole. Bend the wire into a spiral, zigzag, or other desired shape.