What You Need:
fabulously simple gift.
- Pinking shears
- Solid-color cotton fabric (one 10-inch square per bag)
- Burlap or cotton mesh fabric (one 10-inch square per bag)
- Sewing needle or large pin
- Mulling spices
- Yarn or cord
- Cinnamon stick
- Silver leaf
1. Cut a 9-inch square out of solid-color cotton fabric using pinking shears. Cut a 9-inch square out of the mesh fabric using regular scissors.
2. Fray the edges of the mesh fabric about 3/4 inch by using a needle or large pin to loosen and remove threads around the perimeter.
3. Lay the cotton square on top of the mesh square and pour about 1/3 cup of the mulling spices in the center. Draw the edges of the fabrics up around the spices and tie with yarn or cord to create a small bag.
4. Slide a cinnamon stick and silver leaf behind the bow. Be sure to include the package directions for making mulled wine or cider.