What You Need
- Heavyweight paper or tagboard
- Straight or decorative-edge scissors
- Brush pen of desired color
- Gold marking pen
- White adhesive label
- 1/8-inch paper punch
- Metallic gold elastic cord
- Jelly or jam jar
How to Make It
- Cut the heavyweight paper or tagboard into a 3-1/2-x-1-1/2-inch strip using straight or decorative-edge scissors. If desired, cut off the corners of the paper strip.
- Color the paper strip using a brush pen in your desired color. Carefully outline the edges of the paper strip using a gold marking pen. Outline a 1-1/2-x-2-3/4-inch white adhesive label with a gold marking pen. Center the label on the cut strip of paper and press into place.
- Using a 1/8-inch paper punch, make a small hole in each end of the tag. Cut a 12-inch length of metallic gold elastic cord. Thread the cord through the holes. Use the cord to tie the tag to a jar of homemade or purchased preserves.