- Coordinated print fabric scraps for the birdhouse and post
- Black fabric scraps for the roof
- Fusible webbing
- Brown paper bag
- White tracing paper
- Jewel glue
- Crafts sticks
- Jute twine
- 1/2-inch-diameter wooden button
1. Apply fusible webbing to the backs of all of your fabric scraps, following the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Cut two 2-1/2 x 3-inch pieces from the print fabric scraps and one 2-1/2 x 3-inch piece of brown paper for your birdhouse. Fuse the fabric to both sides of the brown paper.
3. Cut two 3 x 6-inch pieces from the black fabric scraps and one 3 x 6-inch piece of brown paper for the roof. Fuse the black fabric to both sides of the brown paper.
4. Trace the birdhouse and roof patterns from the pattern packet onto white tracing paper, and cut out the patterns. Lay the birdhouse pattern on the fused printed fabric, and trace the outline. Do the same with the roof pattern and the black fabric. Cut out the shapes, and glue the roof to the birdhouse.
5. Trace the shape of the crafts stick onto the paper side of the fused post fabric, and cut out the shape. Remove the paper backing, position the fabric on the crafts stick, and fuse the fabric in place.
6. Cut a 6-inch length of jute, and tie a bow. Glue the birdhouse to the post, the bow to the bottom of the birdhouse, and a button to the front