- Beach towels or blankets
- Ice cubes
- 3 hula hoops
- Several sleeping bags
- Five 2-liter plastic soda bottles
- Jump ropes
- Beach ball
- Garden hose
- 4 to 6 lawn chairs
- Several tires or inner tubes
1. Inner Tube Hop. Lay inner tubes or tires in a pattern. Larger kids can jump from one to another with one foot; smaller kids should hop with both feet.
2. Hula Hoop Runaround. Arrange 3 hula hoops on the ground to run around.
3. Beach Towel Tent. Hang several beach towels or blankets over a clothesline to make a tent to run through.
4. Ice Cube Toss. Fill a cooler with ice cubes. Place a bucket 5 to 6 feet away. Olympians toss ice cubes from the cooler to the bucket until they get five in the bucket.
5. Sleeping Bag Tumble. Perform a somersault on a pile of rolled-out sleeping bags.
6. Bottle Slalom. Fill five 2-liter plastic soda bottles halfway with sand; place them 3 feet apart. Have contestants run around them, slalom style (weaving between them).
7. Beach Ball Balance. Lay a garden hose on the ground in a curvy shape. Contestant balances the beach ball with one hand while straddle-walking the hose.
8. Jump Rope. Jump the rope 10 times.
9. Lawn Chair Crawl. Situate a row of lawn chairs so Olympians can crawl under them.
10. Sprinkler Jump. The final refreshing obstacle: a jump over the water!