This is a great technique for covering albums or journals to give as year-round gifts.
What You Need:Choose your favorite fabric.
- Photo album, 11-3/8 inch x 10 inch
- 1/3 yard batting
- 1/2 yard Afrocentric fabric, (more fabric may be needed for a directional fabric where the selvages are the top and bottom)
- 1/3 yard lightweight cotton (for inside cover)
- 2 yards decorative fabric trim
- Glue gun and hot glue sticks
Instructions:Be creative with how you place the pattern of the fabric.
1. Cut batting 11-3/8 x 10 inches to fit outer cover of photo album.
2. Glue batting onto the front and back of the photo album.
3. Cut cover fabric to fit album with a 1/4-inch allowance all the way around fabric, approximately 23 inches x 12 inches. Before gluing fabric, test closing the book to make sure book closes completely.
4. Attach cover fabric. Pull and glue the cover fabric over batting and inside. Cut fabric to fit into space at top and bottom of binder rings.
5. Cut lining in two pieces to fit neatly over cover fabric on the inside front and back of the album.