Making music is a big part of the entertainment for the karamu (or feast), and drumming has always been important in African music. Bring the tradition and excitement to Kwanzaa with our easy-to-make drum.
What You Need:Kids will love to beat this drum.
- White glue
- 2 chopsticks
- Red, green, and black construction paper
- 1 coffee can
- Colored markers (optional)
1. Measure can. Use your ruler to measure the height and circumference of your coffee can.
2. Line the outside of the can. Cut black construction paper to fit the size of your coffee can.
3. Decorate. Cut and glue red and green strips of construction paper to decorate your drum. Markers can be used to make designs on the drum to symbolize Kwanzaa.