What You Need:You also could cover the album with 1 yard of Kente cloth.
- 9x12-inch photo album
- 1 yard of animal-print fabric
- 1/4 yard of Kente fabric
- 2 yards of sew-in cording
- 1/4 yard of fusible webbing
- Tacky crafts glue
- 4 cowrie shells
- 2 coordinating beads
1. Cut out fabric. Lay the opened album on the animal-print fabric, and cut out a piece 1/2-inch larger than the album. Fold the fabric to the inside of the covers, and cut two slits in each long side to accommodate the spine. Fold the spine pieces to the back of the fabric, and secure them with glue.
2. Attach fabric to the inside of the album. Lay the opened album on the fabric, and glue the excess fabric along the top and bottom to the inside of the album. Fold the corners diagonally, and adhere the sides to the inside covers. Let the glue dry.
3. Make borders. Glue cording to all edges, folding the ends to prevent fraying. Measure and cut two panels of the animal-print fabric with 1/4-inch borders, to fit the inside covers. Press the 1/4-inch to the wrong side of the fabric. Glue the fabric panels to the inside covers of the album. Let the glue dry.
4. Add Kente shape. Cut out a Kente shape from the Kente fabric, and adhere it to the album cover with fusible webbing.
5. Decorate. Determine the placement of your shells and beads, and attach them to the album cover with crafts glue.