Finished size: 11-1/2 x 18-1/2 inches.What You Need:
Set a patriotic table for
your next meal.
- 1/4 yard of blue print fabric
- 1/3 yard of red print fabric for back
- 12 x 19-inch piece of quilt batting
- Six 1/2-inch gold star buttons
All seam allowances are 1/4 inch wide.Cut the Fabric:
From blue print, cut:
- Two 1-3/4 x 18-1/2-inch strips for borders
- Two 2 x 42-inch strips for binding
From red print, cut:
- One 12- x 19-inch rectangle for back
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Sew two blocks together with the stars on the outside edges. Sew one 1-1/2 x 18-1/2-inch strip to top of place mat and one to bottom of place mat.
3. Layer the top, batting, and back together; baste. Quilt as desired. (The maker of the place mat shown outline-quilted around the small star blocks and stripes.) Finish place mat with binding. Sew a gold star button in center of each star.