Finished size: 11-1/2 x 18-1/2 inches.
What You Need:
Set a patriotic table for
your next meal.
- 1/4 yard of blue print fabric
- 1/3 yard of red print fabric for back
- 12 x 19-inch piece of quilt batting
- Six 1/2-inch gold star buttons
All seam allowances are 1/4 inch wide.
Cut the Fabric:
From blue print, cut:
- Two 1-3/4 x 18-1/2-inch strips for borders
- Two 2 x 42-inch strips for binding
From red print, cut:
- One 12- x 19-inch rectangle for back
Make the Place Mat:
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Sew two blocks together with the stars on the outside edges. Sew one 1-1/2 x 18-1/2-inch strip to top of place mat and one to bottom of place mat.
3. Layer the top, batting, and back together; baste. Quilt as desired. (The maker of the place mat shown outline-quilted around the small star blocks and stripes.) Finish place mat with binding. Sew a gold star button in center of each star.