Any gem pattern is sure to dazzle
- Star-shape cookie cutters
- Waxed paper
- Permanent marking pen
- Disposable bowl
- Plaster of Paris
- Plastic knife
- Gems, eyelets, beads, and lead-free solder in silver, red, blue, and clear
- Thick white crafts glue
- Glitter in silver, red, and blue
1. Trace around cookie cutter on waxed paper. Cut out shape 1/2 inch beyond marking.
2. Press the waxed paper shape into the cookie cutter, letting it fold up the sides.
3. In a disposable bowl, mix plaster of Paris according to the manufacturer's directions. Carefully pour the plaster into the waxed-paper-lined cookie cutter, filling 3/4 full. Smooth off with a plastic knife.
4. To make a solder coil, cut a short piece and form into a coil. Place a bend in one end, approximately 1/4 inch from the end.
5. Press the embellishments into the wet plaster where desired. Let the plaster dry.