Make any desk or counter sing of the indomitable American spirit.
Upload your photo here.
What You Need:Any gem pattern is sure to dazzle and delight.
- Star-shape cookie cutters
- Waxed paper
- Permanent marking pen
- Disposable bowl
- Plaster of Paris
- Plastic knife
- Gems, eyelets, beads, and lead-free solder in silver, red, blue, and clear
- Thick white crafts glue
- Glitter in silver, red, and blue
1. Trace around cookie cutter on waxed paper. Cut out shape 1/2 inch beyond marking.
2. Press the waxed paper shape into the cookie cutter, letting it fold up the sides.
3. In a disposable bowl, mix plaster of Paris according to the manufacturer's directions. Carefully pour the plaster into the waxed-paper-lined cookie cutter, filling 3/4 full. Smooth off with a plastic knife.
4. To make a solder coil, cut a short piece and form into a coil. Place a bend in one end, approximately 1/4 inch from the end.
5. Press the embellishments into the wet plaster where desired. Let the plaster dry.
6. Remove the star shape from the cookie cutter. Remove the waxed paper. Paint a coat of glue on the outside of the star shape. Sprinkle the wet glue with glitter. Let dry.