- Eight to ten sheets of newspaper (for each baton)
- Transparent tape
- Red ribbon
- Crafts glue
- Shredded crinkle paper
- 5-inch silver cardboard star
- Star-shape foam stickers
1. Tightly roll a stack eight to ten sheets of newspaper (roll from one corner on a diagonal) and secure with tape. Trim to about 20 inches long.
2. Tape the red ribbon at one end of the stick and wrap it in a spiral to the other end; secure with tape.
3. Glue crinkle paper and a silver cardboard star onto one end of the baton; let dry flat.
4. Adhere star-shape foam stickers to the cardboard star.