Flat glass marbles serve as canvases for mini masterpieces. Using the colors of our flag, making pride pins as gifts is as easy as one-two-three!
1. Wash and dry the marbles. Avoid touching the area to be painted.
2. Paint hearts, stripes, dots, words, or other motifs on the rounded side of the marble. Allow paint to dry before layering colors. To make dots, use a pencil eraser for large dots, the handle of a paintbrush for medium dots, and a toothpick for small dots. Dip into paint and dot on surface. Let dry.
3. Apply a dot of adhesive to the pin back and place on the back of the marble near the top. Let the adhesive dry.
1. Paint one large and one small star each color. Let dry. Paint a second coat, if desired. Let dry.
2. Paint the small stars and the edges of the large stars with glitter paint. Let dry.
3. Glue small stars on to large stars, using contrasting colors. Glue stars onto pin back. Let dry.
4. To wear, pin stars over a loop of ribbon.
1. Paint stars red, white, and blue. Let dry. Paint a second coat, if desired. Let dry.
2. Paint each star with one coat of silver glitter paint. Let dry.
3. Measure ribbon and trim ends diagonally. Cross ribbon in the middle and glue to secure. Glue stars to ribbon. Let dry. Glue a pin back on the back of the ribbon. Let dry.