Postage Stamp Pins
The stamps that once moved the mail can now move your heart. Simply laminate stamps to show your spirit.
Upload your photo here.
1. Before beginning, refer to a postage stamp collector's book to make sure the stamps are not rare or valuable.
2. If the stamps have been used, carefully remove any paper backing. To remove, tear or cut off the upper right-hand corner of the envelope. Soak it, stamp side down, in warm water. Once the stamp falls away from the paper, let it soak for a few minutes more to remove any remaining glue. Pick up the stamp with tongs and dry it between paper towels. Place it under a heavy book for several hours. If the stamp will not peel away from the backing, trim around the stamp using decorative-edge scissors.
3. Take stamps to a photocopy shop and have them laminated. You can fit several on one sheet, leaving approximately 1 inch between stamps for trimming.
4. Cut the stamps apart if several are on one laminating sheet. Trim around each stamp using decorative edge scissors.
5. Glue a pin back to the back of the laminated stamp near the top. Let dry.