What You Need:
The pots double as party favors.
- Small terra-cotta flowerpots
- Acrylic paint in desired colors (available at art, crafts, and discount stores)
- Colored Easter grass, shredded mylar, or tissue paper
1. Paint the flowerpots with a desired color of acrylic paint. If you wish, you can use more than one color of paint on the pot or paint designs on the pot. Let the paint dry thoroughly.
2. Sand the edges of each pot to remove some of the paint. This will give the pot an antique look.
3. Fill the pots with Easter grass, shredded mylar, or tissue paper. To complete the treat holder, fill it with candy.
- To use these rustic pots as a fun centerpiece, group and stack several painted pots in the center of the table, filling each with dried flowers.
- When the holiday is over, use these clever pots for holding pencils and crayons, or straws and plastic forks and spoons for a party.