- Create-A-House lighted birdhouse and light kit
- Miniature dollhouse accessories: two lengths of gingerbread trim, two signs, two pumpkins, two grave markers, four 3 1/2 inch-long fence sections, and one broom
- Two 100-count packages of cedar dollhouse shingles
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Lamp (Ebony) Black (BK) #DA67, Burnt Sienna (BS) #DA63, Evergreen (EG) #DA82, Honey Brown (HB) #DA163, Olive Green (OG) #2537, Light Buttermilk (LB) #DA164, Napthol Red (NR) #DA104, French Vanilla (FV) #DA184, Pumpkin (PK) #DA13, Golden Straw (GS) #DA168, Terra Cotta (TC) #DA62, and Berry Red (BR) #DA19
- Paintbrushes: 1/4-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1-inch flat; 1/4-inch and 1/2-inch worn stiff bristle flat; #1 liner, and 1-inch sponge
- 6 inch square of black stiffened felt
- Two 12 inch lengths of 22-gauge black craft wire
- Soft cloth
- Tracing paper
- Thick crafts glue
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Minwax Wood Finish stain: Early American and Redwood
- Matte-finish spray sealer
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Base-coat and shade with flat brushes, using the size that best fits the area. Dry-brush with the stiff bristle flat brushes. Apply details with the liner, and make dots with the toothpick tip.
3. House: Mix GS and HB. Apply two coats of the mixture to the front, back, and sides of the house, allowing ample drying time for each coat. Use FV to base-coat the door, window frame, shutters, chimney, and gingerbread trim. Use EG to base-coat the porch posts and roof edges.
4. Use the 1/4-inch flat brush and NR to paint bricks on the chimney. Let the paint dry. Float BR shading on the left and lower edges of each brick.
5. Signs: Mix PK and TC and use the mixture to base-coat one sign. Base-coat the second sign BS. Use LB to paint lettering, borders, and dots.
6. Pumpkins: Mix PK and TC and use the mixture to base-coat the pumpkins. Paint the leaves and stems EG. Float BS shading on the pumpkins for section lines. Mix FV and PK and use the mixture to dry-brush highlights on pumpkin sections. Dry-brush OG highlights on the leaves and stems.
7. Grave Markers: Mix BK and LB to paint one grave marker. Add more LB to the paint mixture to paint the second grave marker. Referring to the photograph, use LB to paint lettering, squiggle lines, and dots on the grave markers.
8. Fence: Use FV to base-coat the fence sections. Let the paint dry.
9. Apply a coat of matte-finish spray sealer to the house and let the finish dry.