Focus attention on the traditions of Hanukkah with a tabletop or mantel display of six-pointed stars, Hanukkah gelt, and dreidels.
Upload your photo here.
What You Need:Start a stylish new tradition.
- 4 sheer silver and blue napkins OR blue and silver organdy fabric, cut into 19-inch squares
- 4 blue crystal beads
- 4 foil-wrapped chocolate coins
- Embroidery needle
- Gold metallic embroidery thread OR fine gold cording
- Plastic dental-floss threader (available in discount stores and drug stores where dental floss is sold)
1. Hem fabric. If using organdy fabric, fold edges under 1/4 inch and press. Fold edges in another 1/4 inch, and sew a straight seam all around each piece of fabric.
2. Attach coin and bead. Use an embroidery needle to thread metallic embroidery thread or fine gold cording through the coin near the edge. To draw the cord ends through the bead, use a plastic dental floss threader; push it through the bead, insert the cord ends, then pull them through. In one corner of the napkin, work the threads apart with a needle and push the cord ends through; knot them on the wrong side.
3. Display. Fold the napkins on the diagonal and layer them on the mantel, or spread them out on an end table, as a base for a dreidel collection and Hanukkah gelt.